This Truffle, Asparagus and Quail Egg Salad recipe is a wonderful seasonal salad as its spring time and all the flavours go so well. I picked up all the ingredients for this healthy while in Spain, where the markets are full of beautiful seasonal ingredients. The yolk of the quail egg adds as a second dressing.
– 3 quail eggs
– Bunch of green & white asparagus
– 1 black truffle
– Fresh peas
– 2 cloves of garlic
– Pickled girrole mushrooms
– 1 lemon
– Olive oil
– Salt and pepper
1. Trim and peel asparagus.
2. Cook for 3 seconds in seasoned boiling water, refresh in ice cold water to keep the colour.
3. To make the pea puree, cook the peas with garlic and puree in a blender until smooth. Save some peas for garnish.
4. Heat a little olive oil in the pan and break your quail eggs in to the pan, cook for 20 seconds and take off the heat and season the eggs.
5. Slice the truffle.
6. Now begin to assemble your dish by placing the pea puree on the base of the plate then plate the asparagus, watercress, pickled girrole mushrooms how you like, season and dress with lemon and olive oil.